Any uncommon use of public spaces, i.e. holding an event, or performing a professional, industrial, commercial, craft-based or artistic activity, must be authorised by the mayor. To obtain such authorisation, an application must be sent to the college of aldermen.

Applications must be submitted using the form below. Please be aware of the time needed to process your application.
For a paper version of this form, please get in touch with us using the contact details found at the bottom of this page.


Using public spaces, putting on shows or providing public entertainment may be subject to a fee in accordance with the tax regulations (Règlement-Taxe).

For more elaborate uses of public spaces, you can contact the "Cellule Utilisation Espace Public" (Use of Public Spaces Unit) of the Service Espace public, fêtes et marches (Department of Public Spaces, Festivals and Markets), which will provide advice and guide you through the procedure.

Event coordination committee

In order to process applications to hold an event, the City has set up an event coordination committee, which meets regularly to coordinate the use of public spaces for events.

This committee is chaired by the Service Espace public, fêtes et marchés (Department of Public Spaces, Festivals and Markets), and consists of members from various City departments as well as partners from the government and the private sector.